In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cubierta de popa femenino
- The remotely operated mine disposal vehicle launch and recovery area is on the afterdeck which is equipped with two cranes.
- Smoking is restricted to an equipment room but new regulations mean smoking will only be allowed on the exposed afterdeck.
- Two missile systems are installed on the action station guard supports on the afterdeck ready for immediate deployment.
- This line leads to the stern, where the first part of the ship to come into view is the afterdeck.
- A number of exercises were executed, including dropping the winchman on the afterdeck, transferring lifeboat crew to the helicopter, and a stretcher exercise.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.