In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vida después de la muerte femeninoin the afterlife — en la otra vida
- This is merely responsible social behavior and is not reliant on a belief in an afterlife or an abstract moral code.
- Each group has its own particular beliefs concerning the afterlife and death.
- Some people believe in an afterlife or in reincarnation or other form of continuity of energy or spirit.
- At the end of the day, we all want more life and this need can be somewhat satisfied by believing in an afterlife.
- It is the basis of his attack on transcendent metaphysics, and on all religions that postulate an afterlife.
- I'm sure that the promise of sheer bliss in the afterlife appeased some people's fears.
- In the areas of death and the afterlife, the non-Christian belief systems of the ethnic groups are most noticeable.
- Catholicism, once again, played a crucial but not exclusive role in shaping French beliefs about death and the afterlife.
- Perhaps it can be said that we idealise the afterlife because of a fear of death.
- They believed in an afterlife, which was why they showed such disregard for death in battle.
- Beliefs concerning the afterlife depend on the religion of the individual.
- There was the hope of an afterlife and there were sacrificial rituals.
- He did not believe in the afterlife and considered death as the final phase of all souls, fools as well as the wise.
- And there are promises of an afterlife or reincarnations that offer us hope and comfort.
- So basically what I am saying is that it is possible that we each may get what we believe or desire in the way of an afterlife.
- In Egypt, this sacred science of the afterlife was focused upon two things.
- Starting from the time when the child is in the womb, these sixteen rituals end in the final journey of the body into the afterlife.
- Beliefs about death and the afterlife correspond to the doctrines of the major religions.
- Monegasque beliefs about death and the afterlife are in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic church.
- The first impression of the exhibit is of a focus on death and the afterlife.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.