In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1discriminación por razones de edad femenino
- Indeed, ageism and classism seemed almost nonexistent.
- 16 per cent of IT staff have encountered ageism on the grounds they were too old.
- While sexism, ageism and racism have all become social no-nos, fattism remains a perfectly acceptable prejudice.
- The notion of agism is associated with discriminating attitudes toward people on the basis of their age.
- Well, partly it's - you could call it age discrimination or ageism.
- We strive to eliminate sexism, ageism, heterosexism and other forms of discrimination from our lives.
- Others may be unduly influenced by variables such as sexism, racism, ageism, or a lack of resources.
- Other forms of bias include ageism, sexism, and racism.
- Finally, how do the lenses of classism, ageism and racism, especially when applied together, enable us better to see women's position on ships?
- Many more are also oppressed by homophobia, ageism, discrimination against the disabled, the uneducated, or the poor in general.
- Ethnic prejudice, ageism, and sexism still prevent many people from advancing.
- As for you studios, one tip: there's a fair bit of fattism, ageism, gratuitous violence, sexism and sheer bland awfulness on that nominee list too.
- And he again points out rampant agism that discriminates against experienced programmers and in favour of workaholic cheaper developers.
- Little Ray and Caz uncover some uncomfortable truths, and Ray and Jim have to come to terms with the prejudices of ageism, family loyalty and love.
- Some prejudices (preconceived opinions of an individual based on opinions about the many) have names such as racism, sexism, or ageism.
- Employer discrimination and ageism are a contributing factor in relegating these workers to the scrap heap.
- Adie's fall from grace was not the result of sexism, ageism or an obsession with celebrity-led reporting.
- She said it also found that ageism was a particularly insidious form of discrimination and did not just target the elderly, but simply those who were older than others.
- It was nothing more than a sad example of ageism that served no purpose other than to be blatantly discriminatory against the older car driver.
- Feminist writer and broadcaster Bea Campbell explains that ageism towards women is inextricably bound up with sexism.
- Finally, the discrimination imposed by sexism has parallels in the prejudice implied by ageism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.