In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1agresor masculinoagresora femenino
- If one looks at the history, according to every witness the accused was the aggressor and was aggressive all the way through.
- Plants have developed elaborate mechanisms to protect themselves from invading pathogens and aggressors.
- The most moral and just use of violence is to pick up the gun to repel an intruder, an aggressor, an invader.
- For over 50 years our country, with our allies, has sought to avoid war by deterring potential aggressors.
- Gain an understanding of the aggressor's body language, and the rituals of aggression and deception that he will use against you.
- Tell the people killed or injured in a first strike by an aggressor that they are protected by the moral high ground.
- Nations that start wars are considered aggressors, and are judged harshly by both history and their peers.
- The target is attacked circuitously and the aggressor can therefore remain unidentified.
- An aggressor might see a country whose armed forces project a poor public image as an easy target.
- In both cases the nations of Europe went to war against an aggressor.
- In the case of international aggression this must be the aggressor as well as victims of aggression.
- What was it that inspired the nation to repel the aggressors against all the odds?
- If they continue repulsing air attacks the aggressor might reject the idea of developing invasion.
- Perhaps the grab has been accompanied by a knee, or a second aggressor is waiting to attack.
- Experience shows that some states are aggressors, not protectors.
- So I'd attack my aggressors whether they were stronger than me or not.
- He claimed he raised his foot to protect himself but the prosecution suggested he was the aggressor.
- One policeman knelt by the impotent aggressor and talked to him quietly.
- All the nations, the victims now become victors, the aggressors now defeated, once again assumed their positions in the political order.
- The very fact of such a decision would in itself restore the balance of perceptions on the part of our allies and our potential aggressors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.