In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1refrigerado por aire
- The Navy reasoned that air-cooled radial engines offered added reliability, especially when operating over water.
- The Americans were developing larger tanks, with cast-armour hulls and turrets, better guns, and air-cooled diesel engines.
- Piston engines of the Second World War were of two types, air-cooled radial engines and liquid-cooled in-line engines.
- With the simple air-cooled engine and shaft drive this is a bike which should give years of service with minimal expense.
- Sitting almost upright on one of its floats, only the severe damage to the front end, where its 14-cylinder, air-cooled radial engine was partially torn away on impact, betrays the violence that saw this aircraft downed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.