In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The helicopter can be equipped with a probe for air-to-air refuelling.
- A great big thanks to Kurt Wien for the use of his airplane and his talent to make the air-to-air photo session a success.
- We will be covering the flights of the Stormbird and will be presenting air-to-air photographs of this World War Two classic in an upcoming issue.
- It is armed with new powerful air-to-ground and air-to-air missiles, a cannon, and an increased weapon payload.
- Pilots conduct most air-to-air training over the Yellow Sea, west of Kunsan.
- In the general aviation field, what is the frequency for air-to-air communications and where may I find such information as a pilot?
- We brief these rules before every air-to-air flight, along with out-of-control procedures.
- The air-to-air refuelling probe is retracted into the aircraft to retain the aerodynamic profile.
- Missiles replaced guns as the main air-to-air weapons.
- In the air-to-air role, the radar operates in search, track and combat modes.
- He is credited with 14.5 air-to-air victories and logged more combat hours than any other American pilot during WWII.
- This aircraft can carry up to 3,800 kg of air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles, bombs and munitions.
- Some added more flight time by posing as enemy aircraft for air-to-air battles.
- The Air Force's two 707 air-to-air refuelling aircraft on deployment are due to return home soon.
- Well, direct air-to-air combat they're not very good at because of their status of training and their equipment and their status of spare parts.
- For air-to-air combat Stinger missiles can be fitted.
- The company buys from armed forces' obsolete stocks of air-to-air or air-to-ground ammunition.
- The very first air-to-air missile was an aircraft rocket designed primarily for antiballoon or anti-Zeppelin work.
- Although other factors contributed to the outcomes in both the Bekaa Valley and the Falklands, the air-to-air missile clearly had come of age.
- The world's most potent and technologically advanced short-range air-to-air missile has been accepted into service for the Hornet fleet.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.