In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of nation)fuerza aérea femeninoejército del aire masculino
- However, he had no direct control of either the air force or the navy.
- It needs to be if we are to remain the air force to which nobody else comes close.
- Nigeria's military consists of an army, a navy, an air force, and a police force.
- In 1944, the R.A.F. became the first air force to use jet aircraft on operational service.
- His uncle is retired from the air force, and his step-father was in the army.
- There was a huge evacuation, the army, the air force and the navy were all involved.
- He said there was no army coming, not by foot anyways, until the air force is done with it.
- We did not form large military sectors so that the air force did not cause massive losses.
- If the army and navy are in poor condition, the air force is possibly in worse state.
- It is thought the aircraft continued its journey without further incident and was not forced to land by the Russian air force.
- As commander of the air force, he has access to military secrets and information.
- Converting the entire army or the entire air force to information warfare is a major task and can wait.
- It is the only airbase in Britain where pilots for the air force and Navy are trained.
- This discounted the ability of the Allied air force and navy to isolate and attack the islands, one by one.
- The air force and navy were considered primarily as adjuncts to the army.
- Massive manhunt operations are under way involving not only police but also the navy and the air force.
- That was why they had to come with their army, their air force and their navy.
- The demand is a result of lessons that the air force has learned from fighter plane crashes over the past three years.
- The armed forces consist of an army, a navy, a coast guard, and an air force.
- The troops, the air force and navy, did all that bravery and devotion to duty could do.
2EEUU(unit)división de la fuerza aérea estadounidense
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.