In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1colchón inflable masculinocolchón neumático masculino
- As the dew falls, for the first time I realise it's actually getting quite cold, so I bid the gang goodnight/morning and slink off home to my steadily-deflating air mattress.
- They had set up an air mattress for Tina and me though.
- He was looking up at me with his glassy blue eyes, lying on a bed sheet wrapped around an air mattress.
- I find a foam mattress cheaper, better and more reliable than an air mattress.
- These rails provide the exterior support of the air mattress, giving it its shape and providing the user with the ability to sit on the edge of the bed to put shoes on, etc.
- Chase sprung out of his air mattress and ran to his brother's room.
- It wasn't long before Devon and I were curled up in our sleeping bags and dad and mom on their air mattress.
- She's got everything on the bike, extra fuel tank, tent, ground sheet, air mattress and pump, sleeping bag, picnic blanket, gas cooker, even snorkelling gear.
- The queen or king-size bed has an adjustable air mattress.
- My apartment has been pretty small, and continues to be that way, since there's extra clothes and an air mattress floating around now.
- It had been their third morning in the apartment, now luxuriously furnished with a small card table, two folding chairs and an air mattress, which they had purchased at an Army surplus store.
- Mom slept in my room, after we put the air mattress in it.
- Zach, you can take the couch in the living room if you want, or we can set up the air mattress between the beds in here.
- The problems began when an air mattress on Mrs Hawkins' bed broke in January.
- It only had one bed in it, so Elisabeth bustled off to the closet to hunt up an old air mattress.
- Grant gave Devon the sofa and Dori the air mattress, and within minutes, both were sound asleep.
- Rodriguez herself is sleeping on an air mattress at her daughter's apartment, borrowing clothes and missing her husband.
- One air mattress and a few pillows later, they secured the first place in line.
- Which means there will be absolutely no place to stand when, as seems certain to happen, the air mattress is punctured and slowly collapses beneath me.
- Select flat sheets in the closet size to the air mattress to guarantee a snug fit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.