In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bomba de aire femenino
- Half of this is spent on the tank itself and other accessories like the air pump and decorations.
- Instead they began to actively investigate natural phenomena with the help of mathematics and an array of new scientific instruments such as the telescope, the barometer, the air pump, the microscope and the thermometer.
- The installation of an air pump and filter might have helped it live a little longer, but if it was of any benefit, it came too late.
- Also a motorcycle battery with a small air pump could also work.
- The main area of Boyle's interests were in chemistry but he had read of experiments conducted by von Guericke with the aid of an air pump and, knowing Hooke's skill with mechanical instruments, asked him if he could build one.
- You can fix your air pressure issues with the handy-dandy air pump located outside the building.
- A tiny, battery-powered sounding device is placed inside this Spalding Infusion basketball in a cavity usually used for an air pump.
- An airhose went from her suit to an air pump inside.
- I'm not going to bore you with the details of what we did but I will say that I lugged the air pump and extension cord up from the basement.
- The room is very quiet and the only real noise is the fan on the PC and the air pump on the fish tank.
- Cycloid's answer to this dilemma is an air pump that monitors and maintains tire pressure.
- OK… I'm gonna go get the air pump from Tate's room and then I'm gonna change for bed.
- A car is parked under our window and has a air pump attached to it which is left to blow up the tyres while my neighbour and his mechanic friends work on another car.
- An air pump circulates a continuous flow of air through the device, replacing any air that is lost through the surface's pores.
- It was on the left, borne on a skillfully frame-mounted casting that relieved the boiler course of weight-carrying studs and balanced the air pump hanging similarly over the main driver on the right.
- This was done mechanically, using an air pump on a time-switch.
- Those small shops comprising an air pump, a few tools and a tub of water, used to make a roaring business that fed many families.
- The crotch in his outfit can be inflated with an air pump.
- Pressure for filtration was generated with a small air pump.
- A type of ‘reverse bellows’ was the first air pump.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.