In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(air display) demostración de acrobacia aérea femenino(fair, exhibition) salón aeronáutico masculino
- The pair then climbed 200m above the sea, to perform an air show that included flying backwards and virtually looping the loop.
- Their commander becomes the Defense Department's on-scene commander for operations at the air show.
- Last Saturday I left the Museum site just before the air show display ended.
- He will perform aerobatics during the air show.
- He was the team leader for the team in an exhibition at the air show.
- We were at a military air show and the lady with me asked that same question.
- The weather was perfect - a dappled blue sky the ideal backdrop for a fantastic air show which showcased the capabilities of both aircrew and aircraft.
- The base commander decided in spring 1944 to hold an air show for the local townspeople.
- The aircraft is owned by the company which stages the air show.
- Every kind of airplane makes the pilgrimage to the air show, from homebuilts to personal jets.
- Spectators watching the French aerobatic team perform during the air show at an airfield outside Moscow on Saturday.
- The air show and military display starts at 10 am on both days with displays from the Club followed by the large aircraft at 1 pm.
- And it's a win for us because it's our airplane doing the air show.
- The weather was perfect - a dappled blue sky the perfect backdrop for a fantastic air show which displayed the capabilities of both aircrew and aircraft.
- Each of these women has made a big effort to be a part of the air show scene, loves aerobatics, loves aviation in general and is uniquely qualified for the job.
- Instead, they sat on the deck while the air show team performed stunts and maneuvers over their heads.
- Yes, it's that time again - the annual air show of the Model Flying Club is here again.
- Looking to the skies during an air show, the audience is always fascinated by the speed of jet aircraft, especially fighters.
- The next air show is already being planned for 2005.
- The British squadron also sent three aircraft and a team of maintainers to the biggest air show in Poland.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.