In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)general de división femenino(en Chile, Colombia) mayor general masculino(en Argentina) brigadier mayor masculino(en Uruguay) teniente general masculino
- GRS contribution increases range from about an extra $7 per week for a corporal and below up to $21 per week for an air vice-marshal.
- The ranks of air vice-marshal (rear admiral or major general), air marshal (vice admiral or lieutenant general), and air chief marshal (admiral or general) were introduced.
- For those not really inclined to wear the stripes of an air vice-marshal, the computer does a pretty reasonable job of controlling the higher-level activities and allows the player to strap in to fly and fight.
- By 1938 he was an air vice-marshal commanding No. 12 Fighter Group which, during the battle of Britain, defended the Midlands.
- He tried to say that the air vice-marshal sitting over there in the Stout Street defence headquarters is giving those personnel their orders day by day.
- He was promoted to air vice-marshal in 2000 as Head Strategic Command.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.