In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculino mareo(bag) para el mareo(pill) contra el mareo
- The severity of my airsickness could have been avoided if I had spoken up sooner.
- If I'd known you were prone to airsickness, I'd have flown more slowly.
- The most interesting thing about the flight was that Cisoux had airsickness.
- Although George began training as a pilot, he had to give up because of airsickness.
- He also researched airsickness, and the effects of heat in the confined spaces of tanks and ships.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.