In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1femenino vigilanciafemenino actitud alertalo despierto
- Clydebank looked as though they had done enough for another valuable point, but they reckoned without the alertness of Alan Neil.
- Nonetheless, he said, police would maintain a high degree of alertness.
- Fire has caused £30,000 damage to a woollen waste mill, and it could have been worse but for the alertness of a teenage girl.
- Travelers to such destinations practice extra alertness, precaution and prudence.
- Anything related to Taiwan's survival should be heeded with special alertness.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.