In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Here's an excuse to let a section of lawn grow tall and go to hay, or plant some of it to alfalfa, red clover or oats.
- One is installing the pipes in a bed of woodchips and planting deep-rooting alfalfa over the top.
- Jean's honey is mainly produced from the nectar of clover, alfalfa and fireweed.
- The best source of fiber is hay, such as timothy, alfalfa, oat, or orchard grass.
- Furthermore, in recent decades, farmers in this area primarily grew cotton and alfalfa.
- The native prairie grasslands and alfalfa provide food and shelter for these birds.
- This contains alfalfa and parsley, both of which have traditionally been used to treat urinary-tract problems.
- A naturally occurring sugar found in pine tree shoots, alfalfa, soybeans and other legumes.
- This led to a substantial reduction in the sowing of traditional crops such as alfalfa and plants grown for vegetable oil.
- August is an excellent time to plant alfalfa, if you have moisture and you do it right.
- You can grow them yourself from mung beans, brown lentils, chickpeas, fenugreek seeds or alfalfa seeds.
- Cows and calves graze on orchardgrass and alfalfa pastures at Moonstone Farm.
- Weed-free stands of clover or alfalfa and clean cultivated row crops are not likely to be infested.
- Before planting your alfalfa or grass this spring, take time to evaluate your seedbed.
- Remove all poisonous indoor plants and replace with pots of grass, alfalfa or catnip.
- The leaves are long and smooth and travel up the entire stem, equivalent to alfalfa.
- Both tobacco, as a model plant species, and alfalfa have been transformed with the assembled constructs.
- He's also seeded pastures with legumes like alfalfa and red and white clovers.
- Red clover grows better than alfalfa in the acidic soils that are common in the Midwest.
- The chart compares characteristics of the alfalfa weevil and clover leaf weevil.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.