In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The papers look at algebraic curves, the Riemann Roch theorem and algebraic polynomials.
- In 1874 he submitted this doctoral dissertation on algebraic integers and was awarded the degree.
- He tried, with great success, to show why the introduction of algebraic notation was necessary and inevitable.
- Albanese's research involved examining curves on algebraic surfaces and the genus of an algebraic variety.
- It dealt with the sum of integrals of a given algebraic function.
- Fermat preferred the algebraic techniques that he used to such devastating effect in number theory.
- Remak made important contributions to algebraic number theory.
- His work in algebraic number theory led him to study the quaternions and generalisations such as Clifford algebras.
- Bromwich also made useful contributions to quadratic and bilinear forms and many consider his algebraic work to be his finest.
- It also meant that Wiles' earlier work in algebraic number theory would be helpful, and that he would probably generate some interesting problems-whether or not he found a proof.
- Does Rijndael's algebraic formulation make the algorithm easier to crack than other cryptosystems not designed this way?
- Back in Berlin he worked on his doctoral thesis on algebraic number theory under Dirichlet's supervision.
- In other work he looked at problems relating properties of algebraic number fields to algebraic K-theory.
- Even his analytical work was guided by algebraic and linear algebraic methods.
- Baker, while on a visit to Göttingen, was inspired by Klein to study algebraic function theory.
- According to Rotman, the justification of homological algebra is that it eventually proved useful in solving purely algebraic problems.
- He also published results on algebras which were fundamental in the study of algebraic number fields.
- Herbrand also worked on field theory considering abelian extensions of algebraic number fields.
- This gave powerful results such as a purely algebraic proof of the Riemann Roch theorem.
- Betti extended and gave proofs relating to the algebraic concepts of Galois theory.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.