In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1metal alcalino masculino
- He isolated potassium, another well known alkali metal, from potassium hydroxide in the same year.
- Sodium is an alkali metal and tends to lose an electron to form the positive sodium ion (Na +).
- We've used such smart polymers to fabricate chemically sensitive holograms responsive to water, alcohol, pH, and positively charged ions of alkali metal.
- You need an alkali metal, which has one electron in the outer shell, to make the process work.
- The first family on the periodic table is the alkali metals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.