In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Values between 7 and 14 are found in basic or alkaline solutions such as caustic or washing soda.
- In addition to being acid and alkaline, soil can also be sandy or clay.
- So the demineralization seems to have been in a slightly alkaline solution, not acid.
- If these alkaline solutions don't remove all the oil, you can try a solvent.
- Liquid bleach used in the laundry is an alkaline solution of hypochlorite ion.
- The primary active ingredients are aluminum salts such as alkaline aluminum chloride.
- This liquid should be an alkaline chemical solution with a PH of more than 7.
- Some alkaline solutions may neutralise it but it will play havoc with the base salts.
- Manganese deficiency is a common disorder on alkaline soils while its toxicity normally only occurs on strongly acid soils.
- The precipitate is then treated with acetic acid and an alkaline material.
- Decontamination includes washing the skin with alkaline soap and then ethanol.
- The alkaline properties of bicarbonate of soda can also be used to soften the skins of beans and other pulses.
- They may be seen as intermediate between primary alkaline manganese cells and rechargeable Ni-Cd cells.
- This process requires soil aeration and a neutral or alkaline soil environment.
- Boxwoods prefer slightly acid to slightly alkaline soil and do very well when planted in early fall.
- Soluble acid invertase and alkaline invertase were assayed as described previously with some modifications.
- They contain a non-toxic alkaline emulsifying chemical which has an immediate cooling effect on the oil.
- As the soil solution becomes more alkaline availability increases.
- On the valley floor, freshwater and alkaline soda lakes support a staggering array of birdlife.
- The wood chips are placed in the digester and are cooked in a highly corrosive alkaline solution.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.