In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1que dura todo el díaall-day opening — apertura ininterrumpida femenino
- Leave a little extra powder on the brush, pop the cap on, and toss it in your bag for all-day touch-ups.
- The Network shared a story of a fourteen-year-old camper who went on an all-day canoe trip.
- There was plenty more entertainment on offer during the day, including a skate competition, all-day fiesta and street fair.
- Flexible fares are available with all-day explorer tickets from £2.50, and children under five travel free.
- The all-day event, called Northern Connections, will be suitably rounded off with an evening concert by the talented troop.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.