In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1he's a good all-rounder — Deporte juega bien en todas las posiciones
- Several West Indian, Australian, Indian and Pakistan cricketers are playing in the Lancashire League - all-rounders or bowlers are usually preferred to batsmen.
- He is keen to develop his batting and become an all-rounder.
- They picked their best batsman, their best bowler and their best all-rounder.
- Today he is seen as one of the most dangerous all-rounders in international cricket.
- ‘We had mainly all-rounders and batsmen, so we were very confident and we weren't disappointed with the result,’ he said.
- The all-rounder was eventually clean bowled by Adam Sanford to end the New Zealand innings.
- Only a fortnight ago, England coach Duncan Fletcher lamented that even the world's best all-rounders rarely reached the heights of their batting and bowling games at the same time.
- Yet there can be no doubt now that the Lancashire giant can emerge as one of world cricket's top all-rounders.
- He was a talented all-rounder, bowling his leg breaks off a very long run up.
- But maybe he would've just been one of those all-rounders who can neither bat nor bowl.
- The 1980s was a time of great cricket all-rounders.
- Anyway, there is a second all-rounder already in the team, wicket-keeper Geraint Jones.
- Flintoff has the supreme gift of a Botham and all the great all-rounders.
- The team consists of five all-rounders, six specialist batsmen, two wicket keepers and five strike bowlers.
- My guess is that the new rules will put the bits-n-pieces all-rounder out of the game and encourage teams to pick genuine all-rounders or specialist batsmen/bowlers as the substitute.
- Choose from batsmen, bowlers, all-rounders or a new wicket keeper - whatever is needed to take your side to the top.
- Extra incentives will also be made to the best performing individuals with cash prizes of up to £1, 500 going to the best performing batsmen, bowlers and all-rounders.
- Ian Botham, one of the greatest cricket all-rounders of all time, received the Lifetime Achievement award in recognition of the major impact he has made to the world of sport during his remarkable career.
- A season of English county cricket with Kent converted him to a complete all-rounder.
- I am a bit of an all-rounder, but it was batting that I mainly refined in the family back garden.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.