In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1an all-star cast — un reparto estelar / de primeras figuras
- an all-star team — un equipo estelar
- An all-star cast is currently being assembled and this promises to be a fantastic production.
- Like it or not, with that kind of all-star cast, there is bound to be another media feeding frenzy when the film is released.
- But there are more than three stars in this all-star cast.
- The play is being presented by Open Door Theatre with an all-star cast.
- Chelsea supporters had arrived in south-east London to witness their all-star cast take centre stage.
- The all-star cast, many of whom are stars of television and national theatre, gave an outstanding performance using the bar area as a stage.
- His all-star cast may ensure a higher profile and more bums on seats in the multiplexes, but actors of the stature of Gwyneth Paltrow and Ben Affleck are not known for taking risks.
- In the grand tradition of the Ealing comedies, the film has attracted an all-star cast of character actors.
- It's a contemporary version with an a less than all-star cast.
- The panto has an all-star cast and promises to be a sellout so the advice is to come early to get a seat.
- With its detailed narrative, lavish photography and all-star cast, this was more of a short film than an ad.
- On the one hand, you do get to see shows that might otherwise never be performed, and you get to see all-star casts that could never be assembled for a long run.
- Stuck with an all-star cast and high-hope-filled pressure from studio execs, Hollywood publicists were in a bind.
- Since then we've done all-star performances in London with sixty-five colleges.
- It features a glittering all-star cast that includes Clive Owen, Benicio del Toro and Brittany Murphy.
- An all-star cast fills this remake of a classic 1960 Rat Pack film about a crook who organizes a big heist.
- The video performance with all-star backup singers was a bit odd.
- In order to do that, we included an all-star cast of both monsters and actors and used the whole world as our stage.
- Featuring an up to scratch all-star cast, it is Close who really shines, with a cracking quirky little performance, again demonstrating her range.
- The hotly anticipated annual ensemble show at the Assembly Rooms will be Midnight Cowboy, with an all-star cast still to be announced.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.