In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(clothing) para todo tiempo
- The projects included swimming pools, leisure complexes, and all-weather facilities.
- Indeed, I know a Scottish businessman who co-owns a horse that is running on the all-weather tracks this winter.
- On site are all-weather tennis courts, football pitches, a cricket pitch, volleyball courts, a sports hall, gymnasium and snooker room.
- At the east end of the playing fields there would be a £500,000 floodlit all-weather football and hockey pitch.
- You need an all-terrain vehicle to use it, and having used it after wet weather, to gain access to the tarn you need all-weather footwear.
- The money will be used to create an all-weather, all-purpose play area outside the playgroup in the grounds of Greendown School.
- The on-site running track and all-weather pitch will appeal to students involved in athletics and team sports.
- Lingfield's all-weather meeting was left to fly the flag after all three of yesterday's jump meetings were abandoned on Sunday.
- This is brought about all because the all-weather track around the soccer pitch would be reducing the training pitch slightly.
- Pupils enjoy a well-equipped gymnasium and fitness suite, as well as all-weather tennis/netball courts and grass rugby and hockey pitches.
- In the right place, and in the right circumstances, out in the wilds, I can see the sense of having an all-weather, go-anywhere vehicle.
- Pleasure Island in St. Anne's is to be transformed into a all-weather, year-round attraction.
- Booking has begun for the Northwest region all-weather Santatown and Santa Village Grotto at the Sligo Folk Park, Riverstown.
- Work started under an all-weather tent last October.
- An all-weather nine-hole putting course has been added to provide the look, feel and play of natural turf all-year round.
- The party is being held on a 500 person all-weather dance floor and there will be some spectacular laser lighting throughout the night.
- The new £120,000 all-weather facility will provide healthy recreation for young and old on an equi-gender basis.
- York would benefit particularly from the planned cricket, football, and all-weather five-a-side football pitches.
- Wrapped snugly in my new all-weather coat I simply relished the light.
- There are easy all-weather walks at the Cascade / Kauri area in the north and Karamatura Valley beyond Huia on the Manukau harbour.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.