In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Wherever possible, the most effective way of treating allergies is to avoid all contact with the allergen causing the reaction.
- Your allergic reaction happens when your body's immune system mistakes the allergen for a harmful invader.
- Avoid things that could make symptoms worse, such as air pollution and allergens.
- The next time you're exposed to the allergen, your immune system launches an allergic reaction.
- The goal is to desensitize you to specific allergens and decrease your need for medications.
- Once a person is sensitized to an allergen or chemical, he or she may develop asthma.
- First, allergic reactions are caused by allergens, the three most common ones being dust and mites, pollen and nuts.
- Eliminate any known allergens such as certain foods, dust, or pet dander from your household.
- Whether your eczema is due to an irritant, such as detergent, or due to an allergen, such as nickel, care and treatment of your skin is the same.
- Gradually your body learns to accept the allergen as the harmless substance it is.
- If allergens in the air are an asthma trigger, pollutants can make the lungs even more sensitive to them.
- In such an enclosed environment, allergens from one food can spread to another.
- During allergy seasons, the local news broadcasts usually tell you what allergens are in the air.
- It is well known that vacuum cleaner bags capture large particles but can emit allergens that are too small to be collected in the bag.
- The rash usually clears if the allergen is no longer in contact with the skin, but recurs with any slight contact with it again.
- If you take away the allergens that were driving it initially, the inflammation is likely to continue.
- Allergies are caused by the body's immune system reacting to allergens as if they were harmful.
- Substances that are normally harmless could act as allergens and trigger a reaction in certain people.
- Future exposure to the same allergens will cause the reaction to happen again.
- Your doctor may take tests to see what allergens are causing the hay fever symptoms.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.