In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alergia femeninoallergy to sth — alergia a algo
- food allergy — alergia alimenticia
- total allergy syndrome — síndrome de alergia total
- A common skin symptom of a food allergy is hives, or raised red itchy bumps on the skin.
- Our data may shed light on the role of diet in the allergy and asthma epidemic.
- You might have a stuffy or runny nose because of a cold, the flu or seasonal allergies.
- The most common nose or lung allergies are to pollens, molds, dust mites, and cats.
- Your body develops an allergy from continued exposure to a specific substance.
- A food allergy occurs when the immune system mistakenly believes that a harmless substance is harmful.
- Some people who have food allergies find that certain foods will trigger eczema.
- Contact with even small amounts of some substances can cause skin allergies.
- You may not be able to prevent having a food allergy, but you can avoid having an allergic reaction.
- Drug allergy is a hypersensitivity reaction to therapeutic agents.
- Work is now underway to make the vaccine effective for people whose asthma is caused by allergies to dust mites and pollen.
- It's a common myth that dairy foods contribute to allergies such as hayfever, but it's just that, a myth.
- Symptoms of a food allergy usually develop within about an hour after eating the offending food.
- Reassure patients with a food intolerance that they do not have a food allergy.
- The college lecturer had insisted that he had had a genuine cough caused by a combination of hay fever and a dust allergy.
- Nobody knows how many people in Britain have food allergies, but up to a third of the population think they do.
- Avoid things that trigger your child's asthma, such as allergies and breathing in cold air.
- Kids who get eczema often have family members with hay fever, asthma, or other allergies.
- Symptoms of mild food allergies, such as a rash or runny nose, may be treated with antihistamines.
- People with allergies, such as hayfever or animal allergies, often get asthma.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.