In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(expense) deducibleallowable against tax — desgravable
- A fees officer scrawled "not allowable" next to it.
- Advertising costs and the legal cost of drawing up rental leases are also allowable as deductions.
- Financial support, and changes in USDE guidelines in allowable expenses, could also be extremely important in minimizing student attrition.
- Higher rate taxpayers should get pension tax relief of 42 per cent on these sums up to the maximum relief allowable.
- But for all employees the maximum pension allowable is two-thirds of "final" salary.
- Generally, no tax deduction is allowable in the case of travel between home and work.
- The cost of these items are a private expense and thus not an allowable deduction.
- The allowable rate for claims changes from year to year so check with your accountant or refer to Tax Pack 2000.
- He said the Government had offered them the maximum rates allowable.
- According to the Costs Grid, an hourly rate of up to $400 is allowable for costs on a substantial indemnity scale.
- If your modified adjusted gross income exceeded the allowable limits, all or some of your contributions could have been non-deductible.
- In the case where these items are member - owned, a deduction is allowable for the rental cost to the extent of the work related use.
- In an honest attempt to fund their retirement accounts, many individuals contribute amounts in excess of the allowable limits.
- The company has 5,000 of other business expenses, all allowable for Corporation Tax purposes.
- Members should be aware that all expenditure incurred in deriving exempt income will not be an allowable deduction.
- Carry back is also useful for people seeking to boost their pension who will contribute the maximum amount allowable in one tax year.
- There is no charge to participate, and ESPA will provide hotel accommodations and reimbursement for other allowable travel expenses.
- Bank fees, Government duties tax or Debits Tax charged on amounts withdrawn from accounts, where these amounts are used for purposes for which a work-related deduction is allowable.
- While allowable under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, "these practices were obfuscating the real performance of companies and misleading millions of unsuspecting investors."
- The first € 1,270 of net gains - gains after allowable prior year and current year capital losses - by an individual in a tax year are exempt.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.