In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Unlike the traditional pager, two-way pagers can transmit and receive alphanumeric messages.
- A domain name is an alphanumeric name for a computer that typically has meaning to users and is converted automatically to an IP address by the domain name server system.
- I've been reading a lot of stuff recently about how alphanumeric passwords will slowly disappear in favour of systems based on fingerprint or iris recognition.
- ‘Really, though, you can't just give a ship some alphanumeric designation and call it good enough,’ I argue, settling myself down in the captain's seat.
- This is a talking, laptop-style, battery-operated, electronic learning aid with an alphanumeric keyboard and a full dot matrix LCD screen which provides clear animated pictures.
- Most of the information I crave is specific and textual; and since most specific text information involves more than one word in a row, I'm usually looking for alphanumeric strings.
- You use the remote's alphanumeric keypad and music control buttons to enter the network's password.
- An average person sits with hands at or near an alphanumeric keyboard in perusing material on the Internet, and is thus equally in a position at each moment to write or to read, both of which are normally carried out by means of the same screen.
- Using alphanumeric passwords increases the number of possible password combinations by millions.
- But voice over IP doesn't require phone numbers - it uses IP addresses mapped to alphanumeric names.
- The screen is a 160 × 160 backlit LCD, and the 55-key alphanumeric keypad comprises the bulk of the device's front face.
- He encourages family members to use alphanumeric passwords with at least eight characters.
- Specifically, his survey posits a basic question: Do graphic displays offer a cognitive advantage over alphanumeric presentation of the same information?
- SMS is a technology that allows sending and receiving alphanumeric text messages to and from mobile phones.
- Large-character printing products provide superior bar-code resolution on cartons and shipping containers, as well as logos, graphies and alphanumeric images.
- The concept of literacy, or more appropriately, symbolic literacy, should include more than the ability to encode and decode alphanumeric symbols; it should include these other types of external symbols as well.
- In use the standard layout only extends to the alphanumeric keys; the extras you would normally find grouped separately are integrated as part of the main key interface which can be very confusing.
- Subjects were assigned alphanumeric identifiers specific to their groups.
- Based on this information, the software creates an alphanumeric code and transmits this code to Symantec through the internet.
- The simplest regular expression is a plain alphanumeric string.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.