In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1country alternativo masculinoalt-country masculino
- Stylistically, both bands remained just outside any standard indie rock and alt-country conventions.
- The Duke electrified the stage with their unique blend of alt-country and hard rock, ensuring that audience members would quickly snap up every copy of their new album before the day was over.
- Obviously heavily influenced by Americana alt.country, she transcends them all in stunningly enthralling style.
- However, the lush arrangements of their music are more alt-country than drab suburbia.
- The man who wrote Patsy Cline's ‘Crazy’ was an outlaw before alt-country was a glimmer in its papa's eye.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.