In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1monaguillo masculinoacólito masculino
- He had a strong religious belief and was a daily mass-goer and in his younger days, he served as an altar boy in the Dominican Church which is located next door to where he grew up.
- He was an altar boy at Our Lady of Victories Church, near his home on West Lane, while attending the next-door primary school.
- I was a sixth grader, an altar boy awed by liturgy, and determined to be a priest.
- He will visit the site of the former Odeon cinema in Crouch Street, his old church where he was an altar boy in Coggeshall, and meet up with old friends.
- Dallaire grew up a French-Canadian Catholic, an altar boy, and a soloist in the choir.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.