In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1corriente alterna femenino
- In fact, while the national grid relies on alternating current for transmitting electrons, the internal Texas grid transmits via direct current.
- Some lesions can be shaved down to the level of the surrounding skin, either using a surgical blade or electro-surgery, which uses an alternating current to destroy skin tissue.
- In any case Edison's technique was limited by his insistence on using direct current, rather than the standard alternating current that soon took its place when the advantages were recognized.
- The company built a new mill and contracted with the Telluride Power and Transmission Company at Ames to supply electricity as an alternating current to both the mine and mill.
- LED lights require a transformer to turn alternating current to direct current.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.