In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This leadership was perceived as altruistic by the public, and therefore ethical.
- Don't be fooled into thinking I do this for altruistic reasons though.
- Naturally, a person could be motivated by altruistic considerations to help others in his group.
- His benevolent and altruistic nature made him very well known to everyone in the area.
- Humans are far more co-operative and altruistic than any other species.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.