In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He was given a tour and expressed his happiness that so many alumnae were attending Oxford.
- I have achieved those goals, and it is now my desire to rejoin the ranks of alumnae who serve the college in innumerable ways.
- The descendant was also an alumna of the school, and she agreed to donate samples of her blood for the project.
- The core of any marketing strategy for new physicists is to bring alumnae and alumni into direct contact with students and faculty.
- For some years Merrill served as an alumna trustee of Wellesley College.
- Naturally, one of its most important sources is the school's alumnae.
- I am a proud alumna of the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University.
- As an alumna of Northwestern University, I was disappointed that my alma mater was not listed.
- Usually it is not a matter of controversy when a distinguished alumna returns to her alma mater to address former mentors and current students.
- Another girl, an alumna of the school, now makes promotional films for institutes such as this centre.
- Some alumnae also criticized Collins for removing the college's mission statement from its website.
- The gift from the alumna will be used to create scholarships and student aid awards to deserving students who pursue careers in health education and music.
- One alumna won a summer scholarship to the Alvin Ailey School.
- An alumna and former employee of the university, she earned her doctorate at Nova Southeastern University.
- An alumna of Bishop Cotton Girls' High School, her talents won her the status of suave scholar.
- They work in recruiting and outreach programs and keep in touch with alumni and alumnae.
- She is an alumna of the Yale School of Art and the Whitney Independent Study Program.
- The keynote speaker, an Iowa State alumna, said information technology is the most important contributor to growth.
- It was one of the reasons I ceased to be an active member or join any of the alumnae groups after I graduated.
- But what has the college done to keep other alumnae interested?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.