In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Many investigators believe that the tumor arises from bronchiolar or alveolar epithelium.
- It has been reported that bone loss affects the jaw bones (particularly the alveolar bone).
- The alveolar septa showed no significant inflammation or other abnormalities.
- The respiratory bronchiole branches to form alveolar ducts.
- These are also observed within alveolar septa.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.