In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de aficionadospoco serio
- Their efforts have typically been amateurish.
- Try to ignore the poor spelling and amateurish design, and concentrate on the quality of advice gleaned from years of experience.
- Worse, it is making unforced errors which make it look amateurish and incompetent.
- And if that sounds rather vague and amateurish, I'm sure it is.
- The amateurish performances, hamfisted dramatics and video nasty violence are a completely resistible combination.
- Their presentation was ill-prepared and disappointing, and their proposals amateurish and ill-informed.
- Looking back to that first World Cup in New Zealand 15 years ago, it all seems laughably innocent and amateurish now.
- The bottom line is that it is amateurish and will threaten the safety of our children.
- But some of his other early efforts on the DVD collection are amateurish, uneven affairs - a flaw he happily concedes.
- If they try to do so on their own, their attempts will often be amateurish, incompetent, and therefore less of a threat than they might otherwise be.
- We won't be happy until we've got 400 cable or satellite or digital stations and we can watch the most ridiculous, amateurish, shoddy bits of nonsense.
- In the end, the organization looks clumsy and amateurish.
- It's the first time cameras have been allowed behind the scenes of lottery operator Camelot, and this rather amateurish film reveals what happens once a win is confirmed.
- On the next wall, there is a clutch of figurative drawings from the early 1990s, some beautifully conceived and others unwieldy and amateurish.
- ‘They were basically for show and completely amateurish,’ she said.
- Almost all these bizarre images have a furtive, amateurish air about them; they were never meant to be seen in daylight.
- Looking back, I was totally naive and amateurish, but those six months stood me in good stead for what I'm doing now.
- Fundamentally, this is an amateurish, lo-tech operation.
- In spite of the good result, their London election performance was more amateurish than last year's European elections.
- The photographs are of indifferent quality, the layout and design clumsy and amateurish.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.