In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1increíbleasombrosoalucinante coloquialat an amazing 74, she looks better than ever — a la increíble edad de 74 años, se la ve mejor que nunca
- There is also an amazing number of restaurants for such a small street.
- He lives on the street and sells the most amazing drawings at shows and art openings around the city.
- He has absolutely amazing stagecraft and extraordinary command of body language.
- In addition to the music being amazing, the people watching was phenomenal.
- When the final whistle was blown the excitement of the boys and the spectators was amazing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.