In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ambulancia femeninoby ambulance — en ambulancia
- The patient in the ambulance and a paramedic who was in the back of it were taken to hospital in a second ambulance.
- She was taken to hospital in an ambulance suffering a broken neck but later died.
- Otherwise if the ambulance service gets an emergency elsewhere they may not be able to go to it.
- We observed ambulances heading to the hospital having to go very slowly through traffic.
- One option would be to improve the response time of ambulances to emergency calls.
- Six to seven emergency vehicles and four ambulances are also provided.
- The authors concluded that unnecessary use of emergency ambulances would decline if alternatives were provided.
- Within three minutes of the call there was an ambulance vehicle at the scene.
- He was stretchered into an ambulance and taken to hospital where he will remain overnight.
- Six ambulances removed the injured to hospital, while a number of people were treated at the scene for shock.
- Even in the ambulance and in hospital the medical teams were fighting all the way to bring him back.
- They had arrived at the hospital shortly after both ambulances did.
- An additional phase of the new development could incorporate other emergency services such as ambulances and coastguard.
- An emergency room with no more beds will close to ambulances and divert them to another hospital.
- What possesses them to trash an ambulance outside a hospital in broad daylight?
- We assume all duties which are carried out by our ambulance service are emergencies.
- I received the phone call, jumped into a taxi and followed the ambulance to the hospital.
- The woman in the other vehicle had to be cut free from her vehicle and was flown to hospital in the air ambulance.
- They came within a matter of minutes and he went to get the twins to follow the ambulance to the hospital.
- He was rushed to Southend Hospital by ambulance where he received emergency surgery.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.