In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This amelioration is for the most part subjective rather than objective - the individual feels better about him- or herself.
- For real amelioration in education is completely contingent upon complementary improvement in the wider societal context.
- It would also provide a sound basis for targeting scarce resources and developing strategies for remediation and amelioration.
- Its thrust is towards amelioration of the poor and a lot of distance has been covered.
- The increasingly powerful industrial working class sought the amelioration of its social and economic conditions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.