In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1afabilidad femeninoamabilidad femeninogentileza femenino
- He combined an inherent amiability and decency, a lightning-fast wit, and shrewd and opportunistic appreciation of the emerging media of his era, with a canny awareness of how far satire could go without giving offense.
- He couldn't tolerate this imposed amiability.
- There was a general feeling of amiability and sisterhood.
- One of the most noticeable things about Hockney is his pleasing smile. It is lopsided, wry, infectious; it makes him seem permanently amused at the world, at himself; and it gives him an air of naive amiability.
- I'm just trying to understand this sudden amiability.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.