In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When the tests for dimorphism are now applied to these adults, it is clear that they are in fact dimorphic in just the same manner as other Jurassic ammonites.
- Argonauta shares other characteristics with some Jurassic and Cretaceous ammonites, namely multicuspid rachidial tooth on the radula.
- This increase in disparity also corresponded to a phyletic radiation, as all the earliest Jurassic ammonites derived from scarce ammonites of rather homogeneous and medium-sized species.
- The fossil content consists of ammonites, belemnites, brachiopods, echinoderms, bivalves, crinoids, gastropods, ostracodes and benthic foraminifers.
- We love it there because rather than having just a sandy beach, there are loads of rocks and rock pools to explore and as the program showed last night, the place is abundant with fossils, especially ammonites.
- The egg case secreted by the Cenozoic argonautids was shaped like Cretaceous ammonites, which their ancestors used to occupy and emend.
- Among the Middle Jurassic ammonites, they may be one of the more polymorphic groups: a feature which has made them a particularly useful subject for quantitative and biostatistical approaches.
- In eastern Mongolia late Permian marine sediments with brachiopods, crinoids and Bryozoa and Triassic marine sediments with ammonites occur in the suture zone, indicating that marine conditions existed during these times.
- A feature of especial interest is that, while the youngest Triassic ammonites are quite rare, the oldest Jurassic ammonites are extremely abundant, entering the succession in a veritable flood.
- The children have dug up fossils of ammonites from millions of years ago.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.