In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1líquido amniótico masculino
- In the first half of pregnancy, too little amniotic fluid is associated with birth defects of the lungs and limbs and increases the risk of miscarriage, preterm birth and stillbirth.
- Aquatic experiences begin in the mother's womb where an infant is surrounded by amniotic fluid.
- Amniocentesis is a common prenatal test in which a small sample of the amniotic fluid surrounding the fetus is removed and examined.
- A small sample of the amniotic fluid that surrounds the fetus in the womb is taken and this is tested in a laboratory.
- The amniotic fluid that surrounds your baby is indeed a magic fluid.
- Floating in its lagoon of amniotic fluid, the fetus is well protected from most types of trauma.
- If an air-dried sample of fluid reveals a fern-like pattern, the presence of amniotic fluid is confirmed.
- The volume of amniotic fluid, the size and configuration of the uterus and maternal body habitus complicate estimation of the size of the fetus by palpation through the abdominal wall.
- Some of this protein is excreted into the amniotic fluid surrounding the fetus.
- Doctors may test pregnant mothers to see if there is too much amniotic fluid (fluid around an unborn baby).
- In the delivery room, newborn infants should be handled with gloves until blood and amniotic fluid have been removed from the infants' skin.
- But just like other animals we found that if a baby had experienced a flavour in either amniotic fluid or mother's milk, they were more accepting of carrot flavoured cereal at weaning.
- If meconium is present in your amniotic fluid when your water breaks, or your fluid has dark green stains or streaks, tell your doctor immediately.
- Surrounding and protecting the embryo is the amnion, filled with amniotic fluid, and providing the embryo with a stable fluid environment.
- The levels of nicotine and cotinine in amniotic fluid and cord blood were higher in the vitamin C-exposed group compared with the nicotine group for reasons that are unclear.
- Before birth, the lungs of the fetus are filled with amniotic fluid.
- In amniocentesis, the physician inserts a thin needle through the pregnant woman's abdomen to withdraw a small amount of amniotic fluid, in which the virus can be detected.
- Similar to other oncofetal antigens, it is a normal protein in fetal life, present in amniotic fluid and placental tissue.
- At the time of delivery, maternal blood, cord blood, and amniotic fluid were collected for analyses, as described later.
- The amniotic fluid and membrane cushion the fetus against bumps and jolts to the mother's body.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.