In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ameba femeninoamiba femenino
- Pheromones are widespread in the animal world, from the single-celled amoeba to human beings.
- The virus lives in single-celled organisms called amoebae and may be able to infect humans.
- Contact with protozoa, the tremendously varied group of more sophisticated single-celled microbes that includes amoeba and paramecium, has also been greatly reduced in the developed world by water and food treatment measures.
- To put this time span in perspective, two billion years ago our ancestors were microscopic single-celled amoebas.
- It must have a flexible structure that can expand and change, in much the same way that an amoeba adapts to its environment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.