In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Because epidural analgesia provides the highest level of pain relief, the physician and patient should decide when it should be used.
- In Scotland, a conservative view by anaesthetists prevented patients with epidural anaesthesia / analgesia being nursed outside of high dependency units.
- Most women in the United States deliver infants in hospitals where epidural analgesia or intravenous narcotics are the only pain-relief options.
- The Acute Pain Service from the Department of Anesthesia manages epidural analgesia.
- The association of maternal fever with epidural analgesia is well known.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.