In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1formalanálogo masculinothe Creation story has its analog in many other cultures — la historia de la Creación tiene versiones análogas en muchas otras culturas
2Informáticacomputadora analógica femeninoordenador analógico masculino España
1(cassette/display) analógico(watch) analógico(watch) de agujas
- We'll take steady progress and a genuine analogue clock instead.
- The CODEC then converts the digital FM audio signal into an analog waveform for conversion to sound.
- I already have a nice analog watch for dressy occasions.
- On the wall across his desk sits an analog clock, a bloodless white against the deep red painted background.
- It was an analog watch and it wasn't even a normal one at that.
- He noted the white, square, analog clock that was hung from above the wall of is station.
- Modulation involves raising or lowering the frequency of the carrier wave in proportion to the analogue signal.
- Now I watch the second hand on my analog clock swoop around with the tiniest of pauses, and I wonder how it will look after another thirty years goes by.
- ADC provides a single cable through which power, USB connectivity and both analog and digital video signals can be passed from Mac to monitor.
- To think that's an analog TV signal model that's going to continue the way it is now is not right.
- This was the famous Philips 1500 model, made in Austria, with the piano key controls, analogue clock and top loading.
- Wincing as a sliver of pain traveled down his body, he looked over to the little analog clock set beside the desk lamp.
- Broadcasters will be able to try to leverage retransmission consent of their analog signal to get cable operators to carry their complete digital signals.
- Apart from the dubious analogue stopwatch that blights the top of the dashboard, the SCP includes a fortified ECU map that allows 10 seconds of over-boost on full throttle.
- What was the point of having a super-expensive analogue watch that was accurate to within half a second every twenty years, if that half a second was probably wrong?
- There's good advice in this thread about shoes, belts, a nice analog watch, and a good-looking bag for your stuff.
- Somebody's analog watch was sounding very loudly.
- This could throw out plans by the Federal Communication Committee to switch off the analogue signal some time around 2006.
- Today, with the proliferation of fiber to the home and fiber to the business, the conversion of digital voice into analog signals can be handled inside the subscriber's building.
- A German photographer decided to test how a high-quality inkjet print would compare with a high-quality analog print.
- The interface produces an input signal in response to the analog signal.
- For example, analogue computers represent physical quantities using ‘continuously varying’ voltages.
- The so-called analog, one-channel version of television will soon be as archaic as a 1950 Studebaker.
- Boxes are required to translate the digital binary code back to analog signals for viewing.
- A D / A converter circuit that converts a digital signal to an analog signal within a short period of time.
- An analog clock face hung on the wall across from me.
- I could get an analog signal but not HD, supposedly due to a software conflict.
- No buttons should be used under water and the crown of an analogue watch should not be pulled out when the watch is wet.
- Segments of the binary number are thermometer encoded and complemented to provide signals to drive analog conversion circuitry.
- They have software to turn the face into an analog clock.
- One feature that seemed to be no more than a drain on the battery was the analog clock.
- A digital-to-analog converter converts the digital signals into analog signals.
- The DSL signal is an analog signal in the bandwidth of 80 KHz to 1.1 MHz.
- The issue is that at present there is little or no way to stop people copying music into a digital format from an earlier analogue version of it.
- In analog clocks, it's usually a knob that allows you to turn the hands yourself.
- A detector detects a digital sample of the recorded analog signals as corresponding to one of the maximum likelihood states.
- He'd never been very good with analog watches and it always left him with a moment of panic to see the hands in a new configuration.
- In another aspect, in a device such as a printer, an encoder system method initializes the system without converting analog signal levels into corresponding digital values.
- He held a staff, which was adorned with a large analog clock.
- The old electric analogue clock stopped at the moment it hit the floor, reading 8: 57 am.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.