In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1analogía femeninoto draw an analogy with sth — establecer una analogía con algo
- the texts show analogies with … — los textos presentan analogías con …
- to argue by / from analogy — razonar por analogía
- It is little wonder that this week, some Bulgarians began to quip about the analogy between the game and the challenges lying ahead of the Stanishev Cabinet.
- With the aforementioned reasons, the analogy between Aceh and the southern provinces of Thailand is way off the mark and not based on complete facts.
- The steering wheel isn't the only possible basis for Cowan's analogy.
- There is a limited analogy between the relation of theology to religious discourse and the relation of logic to language.
- He was always falling in love, and I want to see an analogy between his falling in love so desperately, so intensely, and his fascination with tigers.
- Another illustration that he gives is an analogy between words and pieces in a chess game.
- Coleman drew an analogy between Cheney and my favorite historical figure, Ulysses Grant.
- Victor Davis Hanson makes an analogy between where we are now and where Lincoln was in 1864, as his first presidential term was ending.
- However, I'm also reminded of an analogy between blogs and old-style soapbox speakers in City parks.
- So what are we doing here; drawing an analogy between the power-law curve of small-campaign news coverage and of small-weblog traffic?
- The analogy between Russia on the eve of the Bolshevik Revolution and the 1997/98 situation was also popular with many political scientists.
- In other words, the roller-coaster analogy is limited, and these limitations may weaken Pinedo's account.
- One might draw an analogy between Johnson's approach and President Bush's reliance on faith-based initiatives.
- The left is always throwing that word around and, like the Bush / Hitler analogy, it really shows an ignorance of history.
- To the extent that there is any analogy between Moveon and anything that happened half a century ago, the analogy should be to organized labor more generally.
- A friend of mine takes the moral analogy between the aftermath of the Civil War and the current situation in Iraq one step further.
- Between the taboo of ‘eating the dead’ and that of eating domestic animals, the analogy between relatives and animals is clear.
- By analogy with the rock and the feather, think of a heavy warhead and a very light balloon that is inflated in the shape of a warhead; they would also travel along together in space.
- Even so, a rough analogy between the two periods is possible.
- The analogy between outlawing gay marriage and interracial marriage won't withstand scrutiny.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.