In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Biología Químicaanalistafood analyst — analista de alimentos
- The implicit view in recent comments by analysts is that industry will remain under severe pressure as global competition hots up.
- The protests, the criticism by analysts and the outright opposition by many students to the new fuel price policy were expected.
- The analysts and critics have all been outputting their views as to the reason why the West Indies came out of the game with such distinction.
- Proposals have been unveiled which are designed to improve the standard and conduct of analysts.
- Were the finals drawing the attention of writers and analysts?
- There have been many answers given by various analysts and writers.
- John L. Keane is an environmental analyst for a large public power and water system in the Phoenix area.
- Private security analysts observe the mansion is still very vulnerable to attack in a country awash with guns.
- Hong Kong Disneyland is also recruiting for a business systems analyst, a tax analyst and a duty engineer for the Disneyland hotel.
- It's brief statement Tuesday was closely scrutinized by analysts, who said they were surprised by its mild tone.
- A Radicati analyst posted responses to the criticisms under a pseudonym.
- But the scheme, when it was announced in the early part of the year, drew immediate criticism from analysts.
- You are amongst the most experienced and talented political observers and analysts as well as governor.
- The first time many Pembrokeshire farmers knew a pipeline might be crossing their land was when surveyors and analysts turned up unannounced.
- The claims of seemingly legitimate analysts posting commentary online could not be ignored.
- That would really test what analysis and analysts are worth.
- You know it was an oral debriefing so you have CIA analysts who might have interpreted it in different ways.
- The media and various analysts usually only comment on problems that are being talked about by the President or her aides.
- Brooking, 55, already an MBE, is one of the most respected analysts and commentators on the game.
- There are many reasons why most journalists, analysts, TV pundits and even the pollsters got it so wrong.
2(of data)analistapolitical/financial analyst — analista político/de inversiones
- before noun market analyst — analista de mercado
- Not only does one have to be concerned about individual analytic tools, but one also has to factor in the psychology of the individual analyst.
- They then feel that when they interpret out of a greater receptivity to this, there is more conviction for the analyst and for the analysand.
- The contempt that some analysts show towards other approaches to psychotherapy is inappropriate.
- The tool the analyst needs is her psychoanalytically trained selfhood to access the selfhood of the other.
- Since the analysand comes to the analyst because of pain, the role of the psychoanalyst in my book is naturally the relief of that pain.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.