In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- At the moment, medical opinion is divided over whether or not the ‘male menopause’, known as the andropause, exists.
- Sometimes called andropause, the loss of testosterone can cause memory loss, depression, and decreased sex drive, and it usually affects men age 50 or older.
- We found that depression is very intimately linked with the andropause.
- At an advanced age, men can also face andropause, or a cessation of sexual functioning.
- Some call this stage andropause, Kamhi says, which can slow sexual response time.
- There's scant evidence that so-called andropause - low testosterone in aging men - causes depression, says Columbia University psychiatrist Stuart Seidman.
- As they age, men experience andropause or ADAM - androgen decline in the aging male, a gradual decline in the production of testosterone; this may begin as early as age 40.
- His studies have focused on the relationships between hormone levels, age and health problems, with evidence pointing to the existence of a ‘male menopause’ - otherwise known as andropause.
- Are older people likely to demand cures for wrinkles, baldness, yellow teeth, and relief from symptoms of the menopause and andropause?
- And whenever this bump comes along, when they go through menopause or andropause, that's enough to initiate the process of Alzheimer's disease.
- Over half a century later the medical community has not come to a consensus on whether the symptoms of andropause are truly a manifestation of testosterone deficiency.
- However, since its existence was first mooted more than 50 years ago, the condition - also known as andropause - has been the subject of bitter divisions within the medical profession.
- We offer natural supplements for thyroid support, menopause, andropause, peri-menopause, bone health, enhancing libido, and more.
- Men get osteoporosis, too, and are even more susceptible if they abuse alcohol, take steroids or are past andropause - the age when testosterone levels decline.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.