In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Dye is injected through the catheter, and the X-ray machine takes angiograms of your heart and blood vessels.
- An aneurysm of the brain can be detected by a special kind of X-ray called an angiogram or arteriogram.
- A series of exams, including blood tests and angiograms, revealed that all of the subjects had a severe dysfunction of the left side of the heart.
- More noteworthy is that the superior mesenteric angiograms showed shunting of blood from the arterioles to the venous channels, bypassing the capillaries.
- An angiogram uses X-rays and a contrast dye that is injected into the heart via a thin, flexible tube inserted in the arm or leg.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.