In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Further cases may be detected by searching for coded coronary artery operations such as bypass surgery or angioplasty.
- Patients with coronary artery disease undergoing angioplasty should continue taking antiplatelet drugs as usual.
- This may require angioplasty or surgery to open narrowed or blocked blood vessels.
- Other approaches meant to improve blood flow are angioplasty and bypass surgery.
- A minimally invasive alternative to carotid endarterectomy is angioplasty and stenting of a carotid stenosis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.