In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cortametales angular masculino
- A demolition worker who felled a speed camera with an angle grinder to avoid a £60 speeding ticket was ordered yesterday to pay £4,000 in compensation and perform 120 hours of community service.
- Here firefighters use the jaws of life and an angle grinder to tear the roof open while Alderson Ambulance's Pierre Crafford checks on the critically injured passenger trapped inside.
- Even if you don't need it, buy or borrow an angle grinder.
- Then you walk away, prune your roses, change the disc on your angle grinder, come back inside and everything is back to normal.
- One was cut down with an angle grinder, three were burnt out with petrol-filled tyres and the fifth was blown up by dynamite at the end of last month.
- ‘The presence of the angle grinder indicates that it may have been used to grind open the bodywork of a security vehicle,’ Zeelie said.
- He went home and returned to the house of one of the group in Southend Road, Rochford, armed with hammer and the angle grinder.
- It was recovered unopened with £2,042 still inside but nearby was an angle grinder, saw and drill that had been used trying to open it.
- He then launched a brutal attack on Mr Thomas using an angle grinder, similar to a circular saw, used to cut angles into metal and concrete.
- Police area spokesperson Captain Gcinikaya Taleni said the men used an angle grinder and blow-torches to cut through metal security panels to get to the safe on the premises.
- The 64-year-old retired teacher, champion of the elderly and Limerick Citizen of the Year has bought steel pipes and has begun cutting them to size with an angle grinder on a worktable in his garden.
- It appeared to have been forced open with an angle grinder before the robbers stole the cash inside and attempted to burn all documents.
- The thieves used an angle grinder to break into the safe at Rathangan parish church last Tuesday night / Wednesday morning.
- Gerald used an angle grinder with a 4-inch diamond blade to very carefully cut the tightly curved lines of the pattern into the surface of the slab.
- Test the floor hardness in several spots with a diamond cup mounted on a small angle grinder.
- The court was told that the incident was sparked by an angle grinder being used to cut protective metal casing from a plastic container holding flammable chemicals.
- Mr Lucas said: ‘I was woken up by the sound of the angle grinder cutting into the asphalt.’
- Southend fire brigade couldn't cut the lock and had to call in an engine from Leigh with an angle grinder.
- They couldn't finish yesterday as planned because of the persistent rain which made it impossible to do any cutting with the angle grinder outside.
- They found a large amount of equipment, including paint strippers, decorating tools, sanders and a large angle grinder, which was stolen from a building site in Surrey, England, the month previously.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.