In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1anglicano masculinoanglicana femenino
1anglicanothe Anglican Church — la Iglesia Anglicana
- Churchgoers have welcomed a new team rector to Anglican churches in Bacup and Stacksteads.
- Well the Anglican church of Australia is of course in full communion with the Church of England.
- There were speakers from the Catholic, Presbyterian, Baptist and Anglican churches.
- She was a lifelong member of the Church of England and her father and two brothers were Anglican ministers.
- He was not sure whether the Bulgarian Orthodox Church ever recognised Anglican orders.
- It is no longer a question of whether communion among the Anglican churches will be broken.
- But Methodist rules forbid the use of fermented grape juice while Anglican church law requires the use of fermented wine.
- Over recent years attendance figures at Anglican churches nationally have gradually been declining.
- There are currently no plans to make redundant any Anglican church in the Archdeaconry of Wilts.
- Another children's service was held on Christmas Eve at St George's Anglican Church.
- However, such preaching was not well received by most Anglican clergy, and churches began to be barred to him.
- St Giles is a very large and affluent Anglican church, justifying a Canon and a Reverend and boasting a large congregation.
- As leader of the Anglican Communion, the archbishop faced growing demands on his time from Anglican churches abroad.
- In the UK, we've had a constitutionally enshrined Anglican church for several hundred years now.
- To me these Anglican Benedictines truly lived out the ideal of service encouraged by their Rule.
- They were married at Trinity Church, South Australia's first Anglican Church.
- She taught Sunday school at both St. George's and St. Luke's Anglican Churches.
- He incurred the wrath of the Catholic and Anglican churches and needlessly upset a lot of people.
- Women are now routinely ordained in many Anglican churches and serve as bishops as well in some.
- Senior clergy at the Minster have organised the service in an outward display of unity between the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.