In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It involves a lack of motivation, a destruction of self belief, a general feeling of angst.
- The sense of angst and melancholy conveyed by Lumley, with the aid of director Hugo Blick, is strangely appealing.
- The audience is propelled into the existential angst of everyday living.
- The summer that is now nearly officially behind us has been all about a kind of existential angst for me.
- On the creative front: I'm asking myself about how and why one can derive creativity from angst or annoyance.
- Many of the works that appear in the show depict the angst of the present generation.
- If there is angst, it is a human condition rather than a disorder specific to the urban, displaced elite.
- Is it just a deeper than normal journey into adolescent angst or a modern fairy tale?
- Everything bounces along with a youthful joy, devoid of cynical teenage angst, full of hope and dare we say it slightly soppy.
- Still, few could have predicted he'd fall this deep into a pit of lyrical self-pity and teen angst.
- At the root of the crisis is a deep angst over the dire state of domestic and European economic affairs.
- Teenage clubs would be formed in schools to tackle teenage angst and improve leadership qualities.
- It is a sign of the times, of our tumultuous, dizzying culture of metaphysical angst.
- Each of us have tremendous angst and shame and heartache about our eating disorders on the show.
- It didn't seem so, and the approach of my 40th birthday induced a bout of full - blown midlife angst.
- I think there is a human dilemma, human pain and angst, and that it is very universal.
- Racism first manifests itself among the group as a form of verbal violence, an expression of general angst.
- The twin evils of terrorism and teenage angst drove her to bulimia, a condition she tackled only a year back.
- Through an occasional nocturnal trip to the gym, Matt Murdock finds a way to relieve some of his adolescent angst.
- What makes these songs so potent is the unmistakable angst festering beneath each one.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.