In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- So I'm not looking for excitement, inspiration or even animated discussion.
- Few were animated or fired by this slogan, and only rarely those few.
- Akaru shook his head in wonder, never taking his eyes from her soft, lively, animated features.
- The paintings are huge and animated, bringing alive the greatness of the Lord who destroys evil and ensures peace.
- Acclaim's attention to detail has even extended to the sidelines, where team mascots jump about and try to get the animated crowd excited.
- The only contribution I make to road trips is shaky navigation and animated conversation.
- It was great to see such an inspirational person become so animated and involved with the people and issues around her.
- I would like to congratulate the Hon David Benson-Pope on the very animated and lively way he spoke about this bill.
- They had been talking for some time through the night, and Sotar's lively talk and his animated gestures fascinated Esk.
- While the family is still poor and Harihar's health is declining, he is happy to be reunited with his wife and son, who is animated and excited about city life.
- He was so excited and animated the audience couldn't help but be excited with him.
- I don't understand this phenomenon that jump starts my brain in animated conversation or heated exchange and petrifies it to molasses when I ask it to be creative.
- He was very excited and animated when he was brought to the new Keyspan Park in Brooklyn to throw out a first ball at the Mets minor league home of the Brooklyn Cyclones.
- Whereas her father, a jack-of-all-trades, goes about his work in an unhurried but highly efficient manner, her mother is always animated and lively.
- Author Margie Palatini employs word play, puns, and satire in this animated mystery, a lively spoof of the 1960s television series Dragnet.
- I watch a chic woman with full make up and a glittering green bikini conduct an animated mobile phone conversation while strolling up and down and smoking.
- The chairman, Bob Hardcastle, was a rotund man in his sixties, with a heavy chest, his laboured voice rising in pitch animated by the excitement of the correspondence before him.
- Where once the author was verging on sulky, she is now animated and lively - although not, it must be said, with this interviewer.
- Visits are typically very lively with lots of animated discussion.
- Well, I've seen him get very animated and excited like that when he's speaking in front of a big crowd.
- Clocking at 115 minutes, the film is a technical marvel - the longest and most sophisticated CG animated film to date.
- In John Lassetter and Brad Bird, they have in my mind two of the four best animated filmmakers in the world, which is encouraging.
- Finding Nemo, an animated film, uses animals to mirror some truths about family life.
- He's brought us Spawn, incredibly detailed action figures, animated videos for Pearl Jam and Korn, and a whole lot more.
- Girl 24 is an animated film employing stop-motion techniques in the style of Jan Svankmajer and the Brothers Quay.
- So what is the 81-year-old Paul Newman doing playing a crusty old auto with blue eyes for headlights in the animated film Cars, a cartoon set in the world of race cars?
- For five years the Oscar - winning creator of Wallace and Gromit has been brooding over a very specific idea for an animated film: The Great Escape, only with chickens.
- From the people who brought you Toy Story and Finding Nemo comes a new animated tale featuring a family of superheroes who have to leave their suburban life to fight evil.
- Kimba The White Lion, first known as Jungle Emperor Leo, was a '60s Japanese animated film that some suggest inspired another well known production.
- At least that's the thesis of Valiant, a new animated film from Disney that foregrounds the sacrifices of those brave birds in its unconventional retelling of that terrible conflict.
- His new hand-drawn animated film ‘The Moon and the Son’ premiered at MoMA this year and will air on Cinemax in 2006.
- Shaun Anthony Markey fled from Woolworth's store in Hereford with a battery-operated model of the chisel-jawed character, who features in the animated film Toy Story.
- The most significant director of animated films in the 1970s and 1980s was Jan Svankmajer, despite a seven-year ban from film-making.
- There are many computer animated scenes that bring long-dead creatures back into existence.
- The expanded Matrix universe includes the webcomics, the videogame, and now the Animatrix: nine animated films that explore the breadth, depth and history of the Matrix.
- This blithely idiosyncratic, almost dialogue-free animated film concerns an old lady's quest to recover her grandson after he is mysteriously kidnapped during the Tour de France.
- This is a new animated film from the same folks who did ‘Ice Age’ and children's author William Joyce, also is the production designer.
- No wonder this sophisticated film was selected for competition at last month's Cannes film festival, the first animated film to be accorded that honour since Peter Pan in 1954.
- Sir Ian is currently working on the animated film version of the classic children's animation series The Magic Roundabout.
- ‘Madagascar’ is an animated film featuring the voices of Chris Rock, Ben Stiller and Jada Pinkett Smith.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.